So, have you been wondering what the Wondershare Helper Compact.exe is? If yes, then worry no more because this post is packed with everything you need to know about this file.
I believe that you will be able to make a sound decision if you should remove it from your PC or leave it. Also, I will explain in detail how you can fix or remove it in case you encounter any errors that might be associated with this file.
That said, let’s keep rolling.
What is Wondershare Helper Compact.exe?
The Wondershare Helper Compact.exe is an executable file that is part of the Wondershare DVD Creator 2.6.4.
This program was developed by Wondershare Software, and it is usually about 79.52 MB in size.
What does .exe mean?
In less technical terms, a .exe is simply a file extension name that shows that a particular file is an executable file. Mostly, setups are the ones that have such file extensions.
Are executable files safe?
According to reports found online by experts, not all executable files are safe. There are cases where executable files can become harmful and damage your PC. If you want to know if the Wondershare Helper Compact.exe file you found on your computer is a virus or trojan horse that you should delete, or whether it is a valid Windows operating system file or a reliable application, then keep reading.
Is Wondershare Helper Compact.exe safe, or is it a virus or malware?
This file can be safe, and at the same time, it can be harmful to your PC. Whether the Wondershare file is a valid Windows file or a malware will entirely depend on the properties and attributes it possesses.
Before you decide to remove an executable file from your PC, you should first determine if that specific file is a legitimate Windows process or a virus. What will help you figure this out is the location of the executable itself?
Usually, a process like Wondershare Helper Compact.exe should run from C:\Program Files\Wondershare\DVD Creator\DVDCreator.exe and not anywhere else.
If you want to confirm the location from which a file is running, you can use the task management approach.
To do this:
- Hit the Windows key + X on your keyboard.
- A window will open with a list of options. Click on the Task manager option. This action will open the Task Manager window.
- Once the Task Manager window is open, go ahead and click on to the View tab.
- Now select Columns and then choose “Image Path Name.” Doing this will help you to add a location column to your Task Manager.
- After that, skim through the list of running processes and find the Wondershare Helper Comact.exe file. Navigate to the location column, and if you find that it is running from a suspicious directory that is different from the one I have mentioned above, then that poses some questions. It will be a good idea to investigate this process further.
Alternative method to detect the location of Wondershare Helper Compact.exe
Apart from using the Task Manager approach to find out the location from which this file is executing from, you can use Microsoft’s Process Explorer.
To do this:
- Hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on your keyboard simultaneously to start the program. Please note that this program does not require installation.
- After you have fired it up, go ahead, and activate “Check Legends.” You can find this selection under the Options tab.
- Once you activate the Check Legends, click on to the View tab.
- Select Columns and add “Verified Signer” as one of the columns.
- Now find the Wondershare executable file from the list of processes. Navigate o the Verified Signer column, and if you see that the “Verified Signer” status of this process is listed as “Unable to Verify,” you should take a moment look at the process.
Not all good Windows processes have a Verified Signature label, and neither do any bad ones.
Essential facts about Wondershare Helper Compact.exe
When dealing with executable files, there are certain things you should look out for. These facts are essential because they are the ideal guidelines for deciding if the Wondershare file on your PC is genuine or a virus.
When you check the executable file’s location using any of the procedures above, you should also consider the following facts about Wondershare Helper Compact.exe:
- Located in C:\Program Files\Wondershare\DVD Creator\ subfolder.
- Publisher: Wondershare Software.
- Full Path: C:\Program Files\Wondershare\DVD Creator\DVDCreator.exe.
- Help file: cbs.wondershare.com/go.php?pid=619&m=ds.
- Publisher URL: www.wondershare.com.
- They are known to be up to 79.52 MB in size on most Windows.
If you have been having problems or receiving errors caused by this file, the above facts will help you determine if it’s trustworthy before deleting Wondershare Helper Compact.exe. I have just shown you the two methods for doing this: the Task Manager approach and Microsoft’s Process Explorer approach.
Find the location of the executable file (it should be in C:\Program Files\Wondershare\DVD Creator\) and compare its properties like size and other features with the above facts. After this, you will be able to make an educated decision on whether you should delete it or not.
What should you do if you find any differences?
After examining this executable file and suspecting that your PC may be infected with a virus, you must attempt to fix it immediately.
Immediate fixes are usually necessary because you will not run into serious problems that might have been caused by the virus.
In that case, deleting Wondershare is the best option.
To delete the Wondershare Helper Compact.exe virus, you should first download and install a full security application like Malwarebytes. I am recommending this tool because I have tried to use other security applications without success. Therefore, while you are trying to use something different from Malwarebytes, keep in mind that not all tools can detect every type of malware. You may need to try several options before you succeed in this quest.
Additionally, please note that the functionality of the virus may itself affect the deletion of Wondershare Helper Compact.exe. If you are stuck in this process, don’t panic about it. You can get through it if you enable Safe Mode with Networking. This is a secure environment that will disable most processes that might be affecting the deletion of the virus. When you load your PC in Safe Mode with Networking, it will only load the essential services and drivers. Once your Windows loads into safe mode, you can run a security program and complete a system analysis.
Can I remove or delete Wondershare Helper Compact.exe?
This is a tricky question to answer, but if you determine that the file is unsafe, you can delete it.
However, you should not delete a safe executable file without a valid reason. If the file is safe and you happen to remove it, it may affect the performance of any associated programs that use that file.
Mostly, keeping your software and programs up to date will help you to avoid future problems caused by corrupted files. If you were facing issues that were related to software functionality, you should check driver and software updates more often, so there is little or no risk of such problems occurring.
After reviewing several stats about how people react to this file, 19% of people usually remove the Wondershare Helper Compact.exe file so it may be harmless.
Please keep in mind that as much as you want to keep your PC safe, it is recommended that you first check the trustworthiness of this executable file yourself. This will help you to determine if it is safe or a virus. Don’t just follow the wind and remove the file just because others are doing so.
You can perform a complete system analysis with Reimage if you happen to suspect a file. Reimage is one of the best diagnostic tools for suspicious files. After analyzing the files, it will classify them as malicious or safe. If the file is classified as malicious, this application will delete Wondershare Helper Compact.exe and get rid of the associated malware.
However, if it is not a virus and you need to delete Wondershare Helper Compact.exe, then you can uninstall Wondershare DVD Creator 2.6.4 from your computer using its uninstaller, which should be located at: “C:\Program Files\Wondershare\DVD Creator\unins000.exe”.
If you cannot find it’s an uninstaller, then you may need to uninstall Wondershare DVD Creator 2.6.4 to completely delete Wondershare Helper Compact.exe.
You can use the Add/Remove Program function in the Windows Control Panel.
- Hit Windows Key + Q to open a search box.
- Type Control Panel, and then click on the first option to open the control panel window.
- Under Programs, for Windows Vista/7/8.1/10: Click Uninstall a Program and for Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Browse through the programs listed and then locate the program Wondershare DVD Creator 2.6.4.
- Now click it, and then if you are using Windows Vista/7/8.1/10: Click Uninstall and for those of you using Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to remove Wondershare DVD Creator 2.6.4.
- Restart your computer and check if you were able to remove the Wondershare DVD Creator 2.6.4. executable file.
Common Wondershare Helper Compact.exe error messages
As you will be dealing with this file, it is crucial to keep an eye on some error messages that might be caused by this file. If the file is not safe for your PC, it will lead to various problems.
If you realized that this file not safe late, then I believe you have encountered some of the errors I have listed below. However, running into such errors does not mean that nothing can be done to fix them. I have listed and described several ways to help you go through this. But before that, here are the most common Wondershare Helper Compact.exe errors that can appear:
- Wondershare Helper Compact.exe Application Error.
- Wondershare Helper Compact.exe failed.
- Faulting Application Path: Wondershare Helper Compact.exe.
- Wondershare Helper Compact.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Wondershare Helper Compact.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
- Cannot find Wondershare Helper Compact.exe.
- Wondershare Helper Compact.exe is not running.
- Wondershare Helper Compact.exe not found.
- Error starting program: Wondershare Helper Compact.exe.
When do these error messages occur?
Well, the above .exe error messages can pop up when you are installing a particular program. There are cases where users had reported this issue when they were executing or running associate software programs that depend on the Wondershare Helper Compact.exe.
Also, during the startup or shutdown of Windows, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system, one of the above errors can show up.
It is crucial to keep a record of when and where your Wondershare Helper Compact.exe error occurs. This information will be useful when it comes to troubleshooting.
How to fix Wondershare Helper Compact.exe
If your computer is well maintained and clean, then that is one of the best ways you can adopt to avoid any future problems with Wondershare Helper Compact.exe.
What I mean is that you should often run malware scans and clean your hard disk using cleanmgr and sfc /scannow. Also, you should always remove or uninstall programs and applications that you no longer need. Some programs are just on your PC to fill up space and cause problems. Therefore, always monitor any auto-start programs (with msconfig). Additionally, enable automatic Windows updates. This is very helpful as Windows updates do come with bug fixes that can just handle some rampant issues.
While you do all of the above, it is also important that you make regular backups or at least define recovery points.
Remembering the last thing you did or the last thing you installed before the problem is important when it comes to .exe files.
You can also try to use the resmon command in the command prompt terminal to identify some of the processes that are causing your problem.
You might find the problem to be very serious and disturbing such that you are convinced to reinstall Windows. My advice is to try to repair your installation instead of doing a complete reinstallation.
You can repair Windows 8 by executing the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. This allows you to repair the operating system without data loss.
The Security Task Manager can help you analyze the Helper Compact.exe process on your computer. It is such a reliable software since it displays all Windows tasks running, including built-in hidden processes such as the keyboard and browser monitoring or auto-start entries. A single security risk rating indicates the probability that it is spyware, malware, or a potential Trojan horse. This anti-virus detects and removes spyware, adware, Trojans, keyloggers, malware, and trackers from your hard disk.
Please note that it doesn’t matter what type of Windows version you are using. The Wondershare Helper Compact.exe errors can occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows ME
Method 1: Using the Application Manager
Every computer hat is installed with the Windows Operating System has an application manager. The application manager is where all the installed packages are displayed.
The application manager usually lists the version and the installation dates that the program was installed and when it was last updated.
In our attempt to fix the issues related to the Wondershare executable file, we will try to uninstall Wondershare Helper Compact using the default application manager. Later on, we can check and see if this does the trick.
When doing this, you should make sure that you are logged in your system as an administrator r before proceeding.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box.
- Once it opens, type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box and then press Enter.
- When the application manager opens, search for the entry of Wondershare.
- Right-click on it and then select Uninstall. Please note that if you want everything to work perfectly well, you should uninstall all Wondershare products.
- After uninstalling all Wondershare products, restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
If you did not find the Wondershare application listed in the application manager, you could attempt to uninstall it using your settings.
The Settings application also has the option to uninstall applications directly with a click of a button.
- Hit Windows + I on your keyboard in order to launch the Settings.
- Next, click on the sub-category of Apps.
- Search for Wondershare products.
- Click on them once and select Uninstall.
- Restart your computer after performing the above actions and check if the application is uninstalled successfully.
Method 2: Deleting File Leftovers
Sometimes uninstalling the Wondershare software using the above steps doesn’t completely remove all the software modules from your PC.
See, when you uninstall a program, all the linking and leftover files are deleted automatically. However, this is not the case for Wondershare.
In this solution, I will show you how you can navigate to several different file locations and delete all the entries of Wondershare manually.
Before you proceed, make sure that you have administrator access to perform this method.
- Hit Windows + E button on your keyboard and then navigate to the following file locations:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wondershare
- C:\Program Files (x86)
- The C:\Program Data folder
- The C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local folder
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\
- If you find the file/folders related to Wondershare, delete them one by one from all the locations listed above. Also, make sure that you delete the following file (if present).
Note: Don’t delete any other package, as this might render it unusable. After deleting all the entries, restart your computer properly and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Delete Registry Entries
Windows Operating System usually works in a very organized manner. Whenever you install an application, Windows installs it and gets or creates a unique registry entry as well.
If you are wondering why registry entries are, they are entities that help the computer in operating the software package. These entries provide additional information to the operating system whenever required.
When I was trying to fix the wondershare problem using the uninstall procedures above, I came across a scenario where uninstalling the software didn’t delete the registry entries and Wondershare Helper Compact still caused inconveniences.
For us to completely be safe, this method will help you out.
First of all, we will install a third-party application and use it to search for Wondershare and delete all the entries manually.
- Right-click on this link Registry Scanner’s download website then select open in a new tab.
- Once you are on the registry scanner download page, download the latest version of the software to an accessible location, preferably on your desktop.
- Extract the contents of the file if you downloaded it as a Zip file.
- After extracting all the contents, Right-Click on it, then select the run as an administrator.
- A window will pop up, asking you to enter the string which you want to search—just key in the word Wondershare in the dialogue box.
- Click on Scan present at the bottom of the window.
- After the scan, make sure that you delete whichever entry that comes forward.
- After deleting all the entries of Wondershare, restart your computer and check if the software is completely erased from your computer.
Please note that if you happen to delete wrong registry keys that are not related to the Wondershare Helper Compact.exe can damage your computer a lot.
Please check out this article of How to Back Up and Restore the Registry on Windows 7, 8, and 10 and backup your registry just in case something goes wrong. Also, don’t unnecessarily delete the registries from your computer, which aren’t related to Wondershare.
Method 4: Uninstalling using IObit Uninstaller
If none of the above methods has helped you to fix the error associated with this executable file, the next thing you should do is to uninstall Wondershare applications.
You can do this using the third-party application IObit Uninstaller. This app is known for its effectiveness in uninstalling the entire application’s files and registry entries with a click of a button.
- Click on this link IObit’s official website to navigate to the download page.
- Once you are on the download page, download the free version to your desktop.
- Right-click on the executable file and select run as an administrator. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the application on your computer and run it.
- Once the installation is successful, search through the entries and then locate Wondershare.
- Check-mark the checkbox associated with Wondershare and then click on the Uninstall button.
- The IObit will now uninstall the package.
- Restart your computer after the uninstallation process is done and see if the issue is resolved.
Method 5: Restore your operating system
If the solutions I have listed above did not fix the issues, and you still cannot get Wondershare out of your system, you can perform a system restore after backing your data safely.
For those of you who haven’t worked with restore points and system restore, what is does is that system restore rollbacks your Windows to the last time it was working correctly.
It does this using the system restore points that were either created automatically or the ones you created. Also, system restore points can be created when you install programs on your computer.
The restoring mechanism automatically creates backups either periodically or in-time whenever you install a new update or an application.
Either way, an entry will automatically be created when you installed Wondershare. You can use that particular restore point, or you can restore it from a point made before installing the software.
To perform a system restore, follow the instructions below:
- Press Windows + Q to launch the start menu’s search bar.
- Type “restore” in the search box and then select the first program which comes in the result.
- One in the restore settings, press System Restore. You can find this option at the beginning of the window under the tab of System Protection.
- When the restore wizard opens, follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system. You can either select the recommended restore point or choose a different restore point.
- Press Next and proceed with all the further instructions.
- Afterward, select the restore point from the list of options available. If you have more than one system restore points, they will be listed here.,
- Now windows will confirm your actions for the last time before it starts the system restore process. Save all your work and backup important files just in case and proceed with the process.
Method 6: Download or reinstall Wondershare Helper Compact.exe
Experts do not recommend you to download replacement exe files from any download sites. If you download an executable file from just any website, you might download a already corrupted file or one that contains viruses. Therefore, it is good that if you need to download or reinstall Wondershare Helper Compact.exe, you should reinstall the main application associated with it Wondershare DVD Creator 2.6.4.
Earlier on, we said that you could use the cleanmgr, sfc/scannow, and MSConfig to fix any issues related to this file. If you haven’t managed to fix this issue up to now, you can follow the instructions below:
Method 7: Use cleanmgr
Your Operating system may slow down because of the overloading of processes.
In this case, you can take advantage of the Disk Cleanup tool, which will help you fix any errors associated with this executable file in no time.
Here is what you should do:
- Hit the Windows key +Q. This command will open the search box.
- Type the word cmd in the search box and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys simultaneously in order for it to run.
- Grant the administrator privileges when prompted
- After the CMD window/terminal opens, type in this command cleanmgr.
- Now press the enter key on the keyboard in order to initiate the clean process.
The error message should now be fixed.
Method 8: Use sfc/scannow
When you install an operating system on your PC, it will install an inbuilt system application which you can always use to find any bugs and errors on your PC.
The System File Checker (sfc) is one of those apps that you can use in Windows to scan for bugs.
To fix any errors associated with the Compact.exe, simply follow the steps that are described below. This should work with the latest version of Windows that: Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Start by pressing Windows + Q keys on your keyboard in order to fire up the windows search box.
- In the search box type CMD and then simultaneously press of the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys.
- Click on the yes button in order to grant admin permissions for you to open the Command Prompt terminal.
- Now, type this command sfc/scannow into the command prompt window and then press the Enter key.
- Be patient for the process to finish and then proceed with the task that triggered the error and see if it is fixed.
Method 8: Use MSConfig
If you don’t know what the Msconfig command means, then don’t worry. It is nothing that can harm your PC or files.
What it means in less technical terms is that it is the Microsoft System Configuration Utility that you can use to solve problems regarding any issue.
In order to have only the most important and crucial Windows drivers, you can follow the given steps:
- Hit the Windows key + R on your keyboard in order to open the Run dialogue box
- In the text field, type in the word CMD and then click OK or hit the Enter button.
- The above steps will open the Command Prompt terminal. Now you need to type in this command msconfig
- Afterward, press the enter key on your keyboard.
- Click on yes if you are asked for administrator permissions.
- Be patient and wait for the entire process to complete then text to see if the error associated with the Compact.exe file is fixed.
The above processes should help you to fix any problems that are associated with the Wondershare Helper Compact.exe.
If you have any questions regarding this file, please ask them in the comment section below, and we will respond to them in a while.