One of the best ways to get a custom ringtone for your iPhone is downloading from the iTunes store. But it costs you. Also, the existing music in your library can make a ringtone for your iPhone. And, it is tedious. To avoid using money and going through the tedious process, you can use third-party apps such as WALTR 2 and a computer to transfer the ringtone to your iPhone and this piece will teach you how to set ringtones in iPhones without iTunes.
NOTE: There are other ringtone maker apps on the App Store, such as m4r, that you can use to make ringtones from music files. However, they cannot add them as ringtones without a PC or Mac.
It is excellent to set ringtones in iPhones without iTunes using a song in your music library and set it as your iPhone ringtone.
Indeed, GarageBand for iOS allows you to create and set custom ringtone from iPhone directly. The app is a professional sound editor with many features. One of the elements, although less accessible, allows users to import and edit tracks from the iPhone music library. Export the saved audio project to your iPhone as a ringtone.
Note: Users who have purchased the new iOS devices from October 1st, 2013, can freely access GarageBand for iOS.
Set ringtones in iPhones without iTunes from iPhone Music
The steps below demonstrate how to use GarageBand for iOS to create a custom ringtone for iPhone without iTunes.
- Launch App Store, Download, and install GarageBand.
- Open GarageBand and select Audio Recorder under the Instruments screen.
3. Disable Metronome by clicking on it: (It is the triangular icon next to the Record button). Disabling Metronome prevents any cunt-in sound that may occur during playback.
4. Click on the Tracks icon (third from the top left) to summon the Tracks view.
5. At the top right corner, select the ‘+’ icon on the timeline to bring up the Song Sections screen.
6. Under Manual, click on ‘Section A’ then slide up the counter to 30. Automatic should be turned off to extend the track bars to 30.
Close Song Sections by selecting Done.
7. From the top right corner next to the Settings, click on the Apple Loops icon to go to the Music tab.
8. From your Music Library, browse through to select the song you want to use in creating a ringtone.
9. Long press on the song and drag upwards to display the tracks screen. Once the song is positioned at the beginning of the first bar, release the hold. Now, your song of choice is imported to editing.
10. Crop the portion of the song that makes your ringtone by adjusting the slider on both sides. Drag and drop the cropped part of the song to the beginning of the first bar.
11. If you want to mix several tracks, add them then edit.
12. Once you are done and satisfied with the editing, locate the small arrow on the left side corner of the screen. And select My Songs from the drop-down menu. Your custom song is now saved automatically to the GarageBand library.
Hopefully, you can set a ringtone in iPhone without iTunes. You can also download and use free ringtone apps to make and set your ringtone. Please share the method that worked for you with us.